WEBB GARDEN POWER USER WARRANTY POLICY
Users Statement of Warranty
Each new machine is warranted against defective material or assembly of material under normal usage. The warranty applies to the original purchaser and covers faulty parts and the labour involved in replacing and repairing those parts, which are of original manufacture.
Period of Warranty
All Webb Electric Hand Held machines
1. a) 1 year from the original date of sale to the first domestic user.
All Webb & Webb Pro machines plus Sanli engines.
- a) 2 years from the original date of sale to the first domestic user.
- b) 90 days from the original date of sale to the professional/commercial user.
- c) 90 days from the original date of sale when used for hire.
- d) A reduced warranty period of 90 days applies to those items which are subject to normal wear and tear (e.g. but not limited to wheels, tyres, cutter bars, cylinders, blades, belts, cables, grass bags, spark plugs).
- e) Engines as per the manufacturer’s warranty statement which will be supplied with the machine.
- f) 90 days from the original date of purchase for Replacement Spare Parts (unless normal wear & tear component, which are covered for 30 days).
- g) All machines’ must be serviced within the first 12 months from the original date of purchase to comply with the warranty, failure to do so will invalidate the 2nd year of the warranty.
All warranty repairs must be undertaken by an authorised service dealer. These dealers have been accredited by GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power) and agree to only use genuine parts and follow our repair procedures.
Not covered by this warranty
- a) The warranty policy does not cover any depreciation or damages caused by ordinary wear, rusting or corrosion, lack of correct maintenance or operation, misuse, abuse, lack of transportation or accident.
- b) The warranty policy does not cover any costs necessary for the standard periodic maintenance services instructed by the operator’s manual, or service parts replacement which would include oil, filters, tyres, belts, brake linings, fuses, blades, seals and other service parts unless it can be proven that the item has evidence of faulty manufacture.
- c) The warranty policy will not cover failure or damage caused as a result of parts or accessories being modified without the written approval of GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power).
- d) The warranty policy will not cover the unit if non-genuine parts have been fitted and as a result damage has occurred to the unit.
- e) The warranty policy is non-transferable and is only applicable to the original purchaser.
- a) This warranty is only a remedy for defect of products. GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power) will never warranty in terms of the merchantability or the fitness for a particular purpose.
- b) No person is authorised to make any warranties, representations or promises, expressed or implied, on behalf of GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power), or to modify the terms conditions or limitation of this warranty policy in any way.
- c) Neither GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power) nor any company affiliated with GJ Handy & Co Ltd (Webb Garden Power) shall be liable in any event or manner whatsoever for incidental or consequential damages or injuries, including, but not limited to, loss of crops, loss of profit, out of pocket expenses or profits, rental of substitute equipment or other commercial losses.
- a) Most warrantable failures show up within the first few weeks of use. These failures are usually straightforward and warranty assessment is relatively easy.
- b) Failures relating to cutter decks and belts need careful investigation, as the cause may not always be straightforward. Look for damage to blades and pulleys especially when the cutter belt or blade boss have snapped or cracked as this could be due to impact damage.
- c) Customers should always refer to the operator/instruction manual when any disputed problem arises, you will find most areas covered within the manual.